scrunch Co-Founder and CEO Danielle Lewis spoke on a panel at Brisbane's most recent Networx Event alongside Nikki Parkinson from Styling You, Anthony Svirskis from TRIBE and Robyn Simpson from ConsultMe Group. The topic of the panel discussion was Influencer Marketing (right up our alley!), and specifically, how brands can use Influencer Marketing in their content and social media strategy.
Here are some of the great insights from the discussion:
- Influencer Marketing is word of mouth marketing at scale. It relies on trust in the relationship and authenticity first and foremost.
- For an Influencer Marketing campaign to be successful, marketers must understand who their audience is and what platforms they use most.
- When selecting an influencer to collaborate with, consider who has the voice and the ear of your target demographic, because those people will ultimately have the most influence over your potential customers and their consumer behaviour.
- Audience and engagement dictate pricing for sponsored content, so use tools (like scrunch!) to ensure you are making the most of your marketing budget and ROI.
- Don't dismiss blog posts in your influencer marketing activities. They are just as valuable, if not more valuable, than a one-off social media mention because they are indexed on search engines, contribute to your SEO and have a much longer life-span.
After the hour-long discussion on all things Influencer Marketing, all four panelists agreed that the brands who are strategically working with influencers are producing great content, generating lots of exposure and they're driving a large ROI of their digital marketing spend.
If want to know more about the Networx event or ask a question about Influencer Marketing, we'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below, or email me anytime: email@example.com.