Scrunch LLC (“Scrunch,” or “we” or “us” or “our”) recognizes the need to protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to Scrunch with respect to your access and use of our website (https://scrunch.com/), and related services (collectively, the “Platform”).
Protection of Your Information
We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your Personal Information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
Type and Purpose of Collection
We collect information at various points in the Platform to facilitate its use by our users. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
1. Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Platform, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address, location data (which is anonymous and where you log in through the Platform you will be asked if you consent to the Platform accessing your location, which can be updated at any time in your device settings) and the referring website ("Non-Personal Information"). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Platform. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified although we might be able to associate it with your account. For example, we use “cookies,” which contain only certain statistical information. For more information on cookies please find more information below.
2. Identifying Personal Information: If you initiate a transaction through the Platform, we may collect and store information about you, such as your name, phone number, address, email, and credit card information, as well as any other information you provide to us ("Personal Information"), in order to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. This information may be shared with third parties for the same purposes. Scrunch does not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure.
Additionally, Personal Information may be used and disclosed to the extent Scrunch may deem reasonably necessary to enforce the terms of any agreement between you and Scrunch, or to protect the rights, property or safety of any person or entity.
Right to Examine Information
You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (example: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user).
Withdrawal of Consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending an email to us. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your access to the Platform may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Platform may be limited. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect and save except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
1. Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Platform, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ. Additionally, for example, we may use analytic services.
2. Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
3. Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties, including but not limited to for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
4. Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where Personal Information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
5. Businesses on Scrunch: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender and how you use the Platform) with businesses listed on the Platform.
Location-Based Services Consent
You hereby expressly consent to our use of location-based services and expressly waive and release Scrunch from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from your use of Scrunch’s services, including but not limited to use of the Platform, or in any way relating to the use of the precise location and other location-based services.
The Platform contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
Terms of Service
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Platform is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Platform at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personally identifiable information has been collected on the Platform from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Platform, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personally identifiable information from our systems.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you interact with the Platform, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you use our Platform, our web server sends a cookie to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be). Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device (as the case may be) when you visit a website or access or use a mobile application and which store and sometimes track information about your use of a website or application (as the case may be). A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session or Platform session and expire when you close your browser or exit the Platform. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Platform and will last for longer.
Some of the cookies used by the Platform is set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser or mobile device. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Platform, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Platform.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, if you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with Scrunch, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information that Scrunch has shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to the address directly below.
The Platform is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Platform. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information you submit via the Platform is sent to our group companies and will processed in the USA and stored on secure servers located in the USA. Such information may also be transferred by us to our offices and third parties. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to your country. Where we transfer your information out of your jurisdiction we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting your information to the Platform, you agree to this storing, processing and transfer
Compliance with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
From 25 May 2018, residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) are able to access additional regulations related to the storage and sharing of personal data. While these General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) apply only to citizens and residents of the EEA, Scrunch is adopting a holistic approach to the GDPR, providing all our clients with the highest standards of privacy as it relates to personal data.
Users of the Scrunch Platform have the following rights under the GDPR:
1. You have the right to be removed from the Scrunch databases. Please send us your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have your details removed within 30 days of receipt of your email.
2. You have the right to see what information we are storing about you. Please send us your request in writing to email@example.com and we will respond within 30 days of receipt of your email.
3. You have the right to edit/change any of your personal information in the Scrunch database. Please send us your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your details within 30 days of receipt of your email.
4. You have the right to consent to our use of your personal data for a limited period of time, that being 3 years from the last time that you interacted with Scrunch and/or the Scrunch Platform.
5. Scrunch reserves the right to store your personal data in a de-identified format for an unrestricted period of time. This data may be used for statistical analysis, trend analysis, machine learning and other uses related to the running of the Scrunch business.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com.
PO Box 5183
West End, Queensland
PO Box 5183
West End, Queensland
Last Modified: 18 September 2020